Map (Click on the icons for more information. Click here for a larger map)
View Larger Map
- North Avenue Apartments: 120 North Avenue NW, Atlanta, GA 30332. 404-894-2469 (8am-8pm)
- Georgia Tech Hotel: 800 Spring Street NW, Atlanta, GA 30308. 404-347-9440
- Georgian Terrace: 659 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta GA 30308. 800-651-2316
- Taxi from the airport to Georgia Tech in Midtown costs about $35 and takes about 20 minutes (may take a lot longer in traffic).
- There is a MARTA (subway) station at the Domestic Terminal of the Atlanta airport. There is only one train line leaving the airport. Take it to the North Avenue Station. The ride takes about 25 minutes.
- If you arrive on an international flight, take a shuttle from the new International Terminal to the MARTA station at the Domestic Terminal.
- To get to North Ave Apartments from the North Ave Station, walk west on North Ave (toward the Varsity, Coca Cola building, and the freeways). The North Avenue Apartments are on your left after you cross the bridge over the freeway. The walk takes about 5 minutes.
- To get to Georgia Tech Hotel from the North Ave Station, walk north on West Peachtree St and turn left on 5th St. The hotel is at the intersection of 5th and Spring. The walk takes about 10 minutes.
North Ave Apartments check-in instructions
- The address is: North Avenue Apartments, 120 North Avenue NW, Atlanta, GA 30332
- The apartments are managed by:
Conference Services, Georgia Tech Department of Housing, 871 McMillan St, Atlanta, GA 30332
404-894-2469 (8am-8pm, every day)
404-428-6752 (emergency duty line, after 8pm)
- If you arrive between 8am and 8pm on Sunday, June 17, there will be staff at the North Avenue Apartments to check you in. Follow the signs.
- If you arrive after 8pm on any day, call the duty line 404-428-6752 and the emergency duty person will meet you at the North Ave Apts. You may have to wait a little. If you don't have a cell phone, you can use the "Emergency" call box near the gate.
- If you arrive between 8am and 8pm on any day other than June 17, you have two options:
(a) Go to the Conference Services office at 871 McMillan St. Here are directions: http://www.conference.gatech.edu/directions.cfm This may be the better option if you are driving or taking a cab.
(b) Call 404-894-2469 from your cell phone or from the "Emergency" call box. Someone from Conference Services will meet you at the North Ave Apartments. This may be the better option if you take MARTA.
The lectures are in Room 1116 of Klaus Advanced Computing Building. It is about 15 minute walk from North Ave Apts and about 10 minute walk from Georgia Tech Hotel.
- MARTA Subway and Buses
- ViaCycle Bike sharing program. You need a GT-ID number, gatech.edu email address, and a cell phone to sign up and use.
- Zip Car Car sharing program.
- Georgia Tech Transportation including Tech Trolley, Stinger Buses, and weekend "Grocery Shuttle" to Atlantic Station